Out in October, Old School RuneScape due next year.
Jagex says RuneScape’s Steam release will offer “bespoke membership packages”, and will support a range of Steam features including Achievements. It also plans to deploy a dedicated support team for Steam users that will be tasked with maintaining a RuneScape Community Hub, as well as producing weekly announcements, articles, guides, videos, and artwork.
Old School RuneScape, a ‘classic’ version of the game that’s more or less as it was in 2007, is also making its way to Steam, but Jagex says this one isn’t due to arrive until early next year.
Eurogamer’s Matthew Reynolds recently took his first tentative steps in RuneScape as part of Clash of Fans week, under the watchful gaze of our resident long-time player Lottie Lynn. That might give you some idea of what to expect if you’d like to know more.
- Netflix announces live-action Assassin’s Creed series
- Gorgeous Blade Runner-esque delivery thriller Cloudpunk gets first-person cockpit view
- God of War on PS5 runs at up to 60fps
- Fall Guys gets Godzilla
- Ghostrunner review – an exhilarating display of acrobatic first-person platforming
- Cyberpunk 2077 delayed yet again 😞
- FIFA 21 now lets players disable all music to avoid streaming copyright infringements
- Crash Bandicoot endless runner promises “100+ hours gameplay”
- FIFA 21 hits PS5, Xbox Series X and S on 4th December
- Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness will be part of video game “canon”