After 8 million (and kounting) MK11 games sold we’re not done yet. Stay tuned to see what’s next for MK11 this week!#KombatKontinues
— Ed Boon (@noobde) October 5, 2020
It’s an impressive feat for Mortal Kombat 11 and surely secures yet another sequel in the long-running gory fighting franchise. For reference, Mortal Kombat X, which came out in April 2015, ended up as NetherRealm’s best-selling game with almost 11m copies sold. Mortal Kombat 11 has managed eight million a year-and-a-half after release.
As for what’s next, it looks like a 1995 movie cast voice pack is on the cards. If the datamine that led to that speculation is true, it adds weight to a leak from a few months ago that mentioned the likes of movie Kitana, movie Liu Kang, movie Raiden, movie Shang Tsung and movie Johnny Cage. This leak also mentioned Harley Quinn, Smoke, Takeda, Michael Myers (from the Halloween films), Mileena, and Sektor were upcoming DLC characters.
Not long now!
- Tetris Effect Connected is the multiplayer I need right now
- Remedy’s Control just came out on Nintendo Switch
- Bugsnax will be free for PlayStation Plus subscribers next month
- Halo Infinite director has departed project
- AMD unveils three Radeon 6000 graphics cards with ray tracing and RTX-beating performance
- Furi dev’s striking romantic space adventure Haven is out in December
- Pokmon-like MMO Temtem is coming to PlayStation 5 in December
- Annapurna Interactive published tactical FPS Due Process out now in Steam early access
- Pokemon Go maker apologises after switching off Shiny Pokmon yet again
- Sea of Thieves’ Fate of the Damned update adds spooky voyages, new skeletal pets, more