World Tester is watching.
Developer Larian announced Baldur’s Gate 3 will now launch in early access form on 6th October on Steam, GOG and Stadia. It was meant to launch on 30th September.
Explaining the decision, Larian mentioned Baldur’s Gate 3 is still yet to get the seal of approval from its “World Tester”. This is described as an AI “super-gamer” that plays the game at breakneck speed, stress testing and pushing it to its limit.
The World Tester is currently working its way through the game, and while the results look good, they’re “not perfect yet”.
“We know that if the super-gamer doesn’t break the game, there’s less chance you will,” Larian said. “Not that we have any illusions you won’t try!”
We have bad news, and good news. But first, the bad news! We’re delaying to October 6, by a week. We’ll be back later today with the romance & companionship update to pick you all up again. pic.twitter.com/j2NOEk4jAi
— Baldur’s Late (@larianstudios) September 23, 2020
Fingers crossed, Baldur’s Gate 3 gets the thumbs-up from Larian’s World Tester in time for the 6th October release date.
- Tetris Effect Connected is the multiplayer I need right now
- Remedy’s Control just came out on Nintendo Switch
- Bugsnax will be free for PlayStation Plus subscribers next month
- Halo Infinite director has departed project
- AMD unveils three Radeon 6000 graphics cards with ray tracing and RTX-beating performance
- Furi dev’s striking romantic space adventure Haven is out in December
- Pokmon-like MMO Temtem is coming to PlayStation 5 in December
- Annapurna Interactive published tactical FPS Due Process out now in Steam early access
- Pokemon Go maker apologises after switching off Shiny Pokmon yet again
- Sea of Thieves’ Fate of the Damned update adds spooky voyages, new skeletal pets, more