Co-founded by former Assassin’s Creed creative director.
Reflector is a new studio which has recruited 120 staff from the bustling AAA game development scene in Montreal. It has big ambitions for Unknown9 as a franchise, with a book trilogy, podcast episodes and comic books planned.
Part of the deal also sees changes to the studio’s leadership. Co-founder and current CEO Alexandre Amancio, previously a creative director at Ubisoft who worked on Assassin’s Creed Unity and Revelations, will move into a chief creative officer position.
“Our game features a complex heroine that must come to terms with who she is,” Amancio previously said of Unknown9. “The game is set in the Unknown 9 universe, a modern Storyworld that centres on humanity being on the edge of either transcendence or self-destruction.”
Unknown9 is currently due to launch in 2021 for PC, PlayStation and Xbox. Here’s a reminder of that first teaser:
- Little Nightmares 2 cranks the disturbing dial right up for its new Halloween trailer
- Hilarious FIFA 21 bug sees players do their best Super Mario impression
- Snoop Dogg has a real-life Xbox Series X fridge
- Wicca is tower defence and the right kind of overwhelming
- Deleting Facebook also deletes your Oculus purchases
- The Brotherhood of Steel marches into Fallout 76 this December
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War fan discovers a cool CIA Easter egg hidden in the menu screen
- PS5 box lets you know how to transfer data from your PS4, is huge
- Gears 5 recasts Marcus Fenix as Dave Batista in campaign
- Xbox boss Phil Spencer teases “streaming sticks” and “Xbox Game Pass Platinum”