Early access to the beta (you have to pre-order digitally to get in) begins 6pm UK time on Thursday, 8th October and ends on Friday, 9th October, developer Treyarch said in a tweet.
3 days until early access to the #BlackOpsColdWar Beta kicks off on PS4. Pre-load starts tomorrow.
? October 8
? 10am PT
Pre-order for access here: https://t.co/Nax85rVVzW pic.twitter.com/ILA5idzbCB
— Call of Duty (@CallofDuty) October 5, 2020
Then, the beta is available to all PS4 players this weekend, 10th to 12th October.
The beta launches on PC and Xbox One in early access form (again, if you pre-order digitally), and returns to PS4 15th to 16th October. The beta is then open to all on all platforms 17th to 19th October.
So, what’s in the beta? Treyarch has yet to say, exactly, but the trailer above confirms team deathmatch, domination, kill confirmed and the new VIP Escort and Combined Arms modes. There’s also a glimpse at what looks like a new map:
- Tetris Effect Connected is the multiplayer I need right now
- Remedy’s Control just came out on Nintendo Switch
- Bugsnax will be free for PlayStation Plus subscribers next month
- Halo Infinite director has departed project
- AMD unveils three Radeon 6000 graphics cards with ray tracing and RTX-beating performance
- Furi dev’s striking romantic space adventure Haven is out in December
- Pokmon-like MMO Temtem is coming to PlayStation 5 in December
- Annapurna Interactive published tactical FPS Due Process out now in Steam early access
- Pokemon Go maker apologises after switching off Shiny Pokmon yet again
- Sea of Thieves’ Fate of the Damned update adds spooky voyages, new skeletal pets, more