Crossplay teased for 2021.
First up, the looter shooter has a free next-gen upgrade that applies to all content you’ve bought, as well as your saves. Basically, you carry everything over to the next-gen.
Borderlands 3 runs at 60 frames per second and in 4K resolution on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 in single-player, Gearbox stressed. The next-gen versions also include two local co-op features, free for all players: four-player split-screen, and the option to divide the screen horizontally or vertically in two-player co-op. Here’s how four-player split-screen looks:
And here’s how the vertical split-screen looks (of note: the vertical split-screen option will also be added to the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the game via a free patch).
Meanwhile, Gearbox said Borderlands 3 players can expect more add-on content later in 2020. The next paid add-on won’t look like the campaign DLCs from the now complete Season Pass, but it does include a brand new game mode plus one new skill tree for each Vault Hunter. The new skill trees come with new Action Skills.
For example, FL4K has a new Trapper skill tree, which emphasises shields and survivability for both FL4K and their pet. FL4K’s new action skill is Gravity Snare, a throwable trap that tosses enemies up into the air before slamming them back into the ground. Enemies caught in its radius have their attacks interrupted, giving FL4K a crowd control skill for the first time.
In other FL4K news, they’re getting a new pet option: a Hyperion Loaderbot. This can be specced in a variety of ways as you work your way down the skill tree.
And finally, Gearbox teased crossplay for Borderlands 3 in 2021.
- Xbox Series X/S 1TB expandable storage costs $220
- Almost two decades after launch, RuneScape is heading to Steam
- Stylish strategy game Brigandine is coming to PS4
- Left 4 Dead 2 gets its first major DLC in eight years today
- 50 vs 50 FPS Squad launches proper after five years of Steam Early Access
- Sony confirms no free PS4 upgrade path for Spider-Man Remastered
- R-Type Final 2 launches spring 2021
- Baldur’s Gate 3 early access release delayed again, but this time just by a week
- Six years later, No Man’s Sky finally gets its sandworm
- art of rally review – a slight yet stylish take on off-road driving