When Does FarmVille shuts down?
“Following an incredible 11 years since its initial launch back in 2009, we are officially announcing the closure of the original FarmVille game on Facebook,” developer Zynga confirmed.
“As previously stated, Adobe will stop distributing and updating Flash Player for all web browsers, and Facebook will stop supporting Flash games on the platform completely after December 31st, 2020. FarmVille will therefore be directly affected as a result of this.
“We’re aware that many of you have been with us since the very beginning, helping to build an incredible global community of players over the years who’ve enjoyed this game just as much as we have. For that we say thank you.”
Flash support is slowly being removed across the internet, something that is impacting the thousands of games coded in the now-depreciated format. Numerous websites have abandoned it already, and many browsers now block it by default.
But fear not. Zynga will soon release an all-new version of the game, FarmVille 3, for mobiles instead. The amaizeing legacy of FarmVille will live on.
- Here’s when Ghost of Tsushima’s Legends Raid goes live
- PS4 loading times are improved as patches all but remove loading screens in first-party games
- One feels like it could be the first big battle royale game for VR
- The concept art for Atari’s new hotel chain looks like a cyberpunk video game
- Marvel at Mark Wahlberg’s marvellous moustache which may or may not be related to Uncharted’s Sully
- A strange UFO has appeared in the skies of Apex Legends
- Little Nightmares 2 cranks the disturbing dial right up for its new Halloween trailer
- Hilarious FIFA 21 bug sees players do their best Super Mario impression
- Snoop Dogg has a real-life Xbox Series X fridge
- Wicca is tower defence and the right kind of overwhelming