The debut trailer, below, showed a return to a fantasy setting for the series, after its flying cars and suits of Final Fantasy 15.
It’s being worked on by Final Fantasy 14 head honcho Naoki Yoshida, who is serving as producer, and director Hiroshi Takai. To be clear though, this is a single-player RPG.
But clearly the big news here is Sony pulling out its pocket book to moneyhat Final Fantasy 16, apparently for good. There was no suggestion this is a limited-time deal. The message was clear – don’t expect to play this on Xbox Series X.
Here’s our first look:
- Little Nightmares 2 cranks the disturbing dial right up for its new Halloween trailer
- Hilarious FIFA 21 bug sees players do their best Super Mario impression
- Snoop Dogg has a real-life Xbox Series X fridge
- Wicca is tower defence and the right kind of overwhelming
- Deleting Facebook also deletes your Oculus purchases
- The Brotherhood of Steel marches into Fallout 76 this December
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War fan discovers a cool CIA Easter egg hidden in the menu screen
- PS5 box lets you know how to transfer data from your PS4, is huge
- Gears 5 recasts Marcus Fenix as Dave Batista in campaign
- Xbox boss Phil Spencer teases “streaming sticks” and “Xbox Game Pass Platinum”