Godfall will require an always-on internet connection regardless of what mode you’re playing.
Godfall is not a service game, but does require an internet connection to play.
— Godfall (@PlayGodfall) October 2, 2020
“Maybe if we had been explaining better what the game is about, we would have understood why such decision,” one commenter said. “That’s because it’s an online coop game, but still… I mean even 2009’s Demon’s Souls while still online for coop, had an offline mode.”
“So the game will be unplayable when the servers are shut down in X number of years,” added another. “Not a great selling point.”
Godfall developer Counterplay Games and publisher Gearbox recently unveiled the pricing and pre-order details of the upcoming fantasy action game. Available from 12th November worldwide – but from the 19th for PS5 owners in Europe – there’ll be three variants available: the £50 Godfall Standard edition, the £66 Godfall Deluxe Edition, and the £76 Godfall Ascended Edition.
The Godfall Standard includes the base game, the Deluxe Edition includes the base game and expansion 1, and Godfall Ascended Edition includes the base game, expansion 1, and Godfall Ascended “digital cosmetic contents”.
- PS2 launch title TimeSplitters turns 20 today
- Fortnite storyline has plans for “many years of Marvel integration”
- Ritual of the Night announced for iOS and Android
- Portia sequel My Time at Sandrock heads to the frontier
- Here’s when Ghost of Tsushima’s Legends Raid goes live
- PS4 loading times are improved as patches all but remove loading screens in first-party games
- One feels like it could be the first big battle royale game for VR
- The concept art for Atari’s new hotel chain looks like a cyberpunk video game
- Marvel at Mark Wahlberg’s marvellous moustache which may or may not be related to Uncharted’s Sully
- A strange UFO has appeared in the skies of Apex Legends