Like a Dragon day one release date :
Following today’s official launch news.
As for the Xbox One, PS4, and PC versions of Yakuza: Like a Dragon, which Sega slapped with a 13th November release date last month, the publisher hasn’t indicated their previously announced launches have changed despite today’s news (although I’m seeking further clarification), meaning they could still arrive a little after Xbox Series X and S.
Yakuza: Like a Dragon should make an excellent addition to Xbox Series X and S’ launch day line-up, having already garnered plenty of praise on its original Japanese release at the start of the year. While the series’ familiar blend of crime drama and comedic extracurricular activities remains intact for this latest instalment, there are big changes to the formula, going far beyond its new protagonist Ichiban Kasuga and its new Kamurocho setting.
Most dramatically, Like a Dragon trades previous Yakuza entries’ meaty beat-’em up action for a turn-based combat system similar to that of an RPG. And if you’re wondering how that impacts the experience, Eurogamer contributor Malindy Hetfield was pleasantly surprised when she explored the Japanese release earlier this year.
With launch dates now presented for Yakuza: Like a Dragon on Xbox Series X and S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, there’s only news of the PS5 version to go, and Sega says it will have “more release information on all platforms in the coming weeks”.
- Xbox Series X/S 1TB expandable storage costs $220
- Almost two decades after launch, RuneScape is heading to Steam
- Stylish strategy game Brigandine is coming to PS4
- Left 4 Dead 2 gets its first major DLC in eight years today
- 50 vs 50 FPS Squad launches proper after five years of Steam Early Access
- Sony confirms no free PS4 upgrade path for Spider-Man Remastered
- R-Type Final 2 launches spring 2021
- Baldur’s Gate 3 early access release delayed again, but this time just by a week
- Six years later, No Man’s Sky finally gets its sandworm
- art of rally review – a slight yet stylish take on off-road driving