Things weren’t sounding great for the Minecraft film last year when the project lost both a director and writer, and that was before Covid took over our lives and started making film production difficult. Surprise surprise, the Minecraft film has now been delayed again – to the point where it no longer has a release date.
First announced back in 2014, the Minecraft film is supposed to be a live-action movie focused on the story of a teenage girl and her “unlikely” group of adventurers. “After the malevolent Ender Dragon sets out on a path of destruction, they must save their beautiful, blocky Overworld,” a Minecraft blog post explained last year. Exactly what all this is going to look like remains a mystery, but I hope we’ll get to see some realistic Detective Pikachu-style creepers. Horrifying stuff.
- Among Us is dealing with a huge spam attack
- Apex Legends arrives on Steam this November alongside Season 7
- It’s Rambo versus Terminator in Mortal Kombat 11
- There are official Assassin’s Creed Valhalla shoes
- Red Dead Redemption 2 players are going on a monster hunt
- Here’s a first look at Tom Holland as Nathan Drake in the Uncharted movie
- The first Fire Emblem game is coming to the west… for four months
- Hearthstone’s Madness at the Darkmoon Faire expansion is out in November
- Dear Esther, Rime, Gris in $5 mental health bundle
- Black Ops Cold War had the most downloaded Call of Duty beta ever