Why don’t you come on over, VALerie?
Both guns, added to the game with the release of season six, had serious issues. In the case of the Val, it suffered from a bug that meant it could shoot through multiple walls. This, obviously, broke the game as it meant players could kill each other from across maps – ignoring cover along the way.
Crossmap VAL Shot- LMFAO from r/modernwarfare
And then the SP-R 208, deemed by most Call of Duty players to be the most dominant weapon in the game this season. This sniper was so powerful, it was felt pretty much essential not just for Warzone, but for Modern Warfare multiplayer, too.
Take advantage of the SPR-208 before it starts shooting marshmallows from r/CODWarzone
In patch notes released today, Infinity Ward said the update fixes the Val bug that meant the SSP 10-R maps could allow bullet penetration through multiple walls.
As for the SP-R 208, it’s been nerfed hard. Here are the specifics:
- Increase to flinch
- Minor reduction to ADS speed
- Variable zoom scope: Moved weapon closer to the player while ADSing; small reduction to ADS speed
- 300 Norma mag and .338 Lapua Mag ammo types: Reduction to bullet velocity; reduction to ADS speed
Meanwhile, the update fixes an issue in Warzone where players could survive in the gas while staying on the new subway fast travel system. And the SKS has seen a small reduction to ADS speed for variable zoom scopes.
- Among Us is dealing with a huge spam attack
- Apex Legends arrives on Steam this November alongside Season 7
- It’s Rambo versus Terminator in Mortal Kombat 11
- There are official Assassin’s Creed Valhalla shoes
- Red Dead Redemption 2 players are going on a monster hunt
- Here’s a first look at Tom Holland as Nathan Drake in the Uncharted movie
- The first Fire Emblem game is coming to the west… for four months
- Hearthstone’s Madness at the Darkmoon Faire expansion is out in November
- Dear Esther, Rime, Gris in $5 mental health bundle
- Black Ops Cold War had the most downloaded Call of Duty beta ever