But Sony warns of “errors or unexpected behaviour”, and to test before purchasing DLC.
But the PlayStation manufacturer has also cautioned that some supported games may lack functionality and “exhibit errors or unexpected behaviour”.
In a blog post today on PlayStation’s support website, Sony warned you should “try to boot and play your PS4 games on your PS5 console to see if you are happy with the play performance” before purchasing any add-ons.
Finally, some “select” PS4 games will benefit from the PS5’s “Game Boost” feature, which “may make PS4 games run with a higher or smoother frame rate”.
Only 10 PS4 games are definitively broken on PS5. They are:
- Afro Samurai 2 Revenge of Kuma Volume One
- TT Isle of Man – Ride on the Edge 2
- Just Deal With It!
- Shadow Complex Remastered
- Robinson: The Journey
- We Sing
- Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
- Joe’s Diner
Additionally, PS4 tournaments, In-Game Live from PlayStation and the PS4 Second Screen app and game companion apps will not be supported on PS5.
- Among Us is dealing with a huge spam attack
- Apex Legends arrives on Steam this November alongside Season 7
- It’s Rambo versus Terminator in Mortal Kombat 11
- There are official Assassin’s Creed Valhalla shoes
- Red Dead Redemption 2 players are going on a monster hunt
- Here’s a first look at Tom Holland as Nathan Drake in the Uncharted movie
- The first Fire Emblem game is coming to the west… for four months
- Hearthstone’s Madness at the Darkmoon Faire expansion is out in November
- Dear Esther, Rime, Gris in $5 mental health bundle
- Black Ops Cold War had the most downloaded Call of Duty beta ever