Sony has outlined how PlayStation trophies are changing as we head into the launch of the PlayStation 5.
Sony’s new trophy calculation means players will progress quicker through the early levels, and levels will increase more consistently. Platinum trophies will count more toward your level progression, making them even more valuable, Aoki added.
With the new trophy levels come new trophy level icons on PS5, as well as the PlayStation App at a later date. Currently the trophies icon is just a single gold star. Here are the new trophy level icons:
Of note: the icons will also have a subtle distinction to visually suggest how close you are to the next level.
Aoki clarified trophies you’ve earned on previous PlayStation systems will come with you to PS5. The new trophy levels will be reflected in all locations trophy levels are shown, including past systems, the app, and My PlayStation.
So, in short: the new trophies are designed to encourage people who like seeing their level ding.
- Among Us is dealing with a huge spam attack
- Apex Legends arrives on Steam this November alongside Season 7
- It’s Rambo versus Terminator in Mortal Kombat 11
- There are official Assassin’s Creed Valhalla shoes
- Red Dead Redemption 2 players are going on a monster hunt
- Here’s a first look at Tom Holland as Nathan Drake in the Uncharted movie
- The first Fire Emblem game is coming to the west… for four months
- Hearthstone’s Madness at the Darkmoon Faire expansion is out in November
- Dear Esther, Rime, Gris in $5 mental health bundle
- Black Ops Cold War had the most downloaded Call of Duty beta ever