Resident Evil Village :
Coming to PS5, Series X, and PC next year.
Resident Evil Village was initially announced earlier this year, with a trailer that seemed a world removed from recent series offerings, thanks to its strange, woozy atmosphere and its deeply gothic snow-blanketed village setting.
It’s a direct follow-up to the Louisiana-set Resident Evil 7, however, and sees that game’s protagonist Ethan Winters being lead to the mysterious titular village when his wife Mia is, as shown in the announcement trailer, killed by Chris Redfield for unknown reasons.
A report earlier this year suggested Resident Evil Village would be a “serious departure” from previous games that “many purists are going to hate”, with a focus on “hallucinations, Occultism, insanity”. How true that is remains to be seen, but there’s no doubt Capcom is playing up its odder side in today’s trailer, which even squeezes in a stylised fairy tale.
Resident Evil Village comes to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, and PC next year.
- PS2 launch title TimeSplitters turns 20 today
- Fortnite storyline has plans for “many years of Marvel integration”
- Ritual of the Night announced for iOS and Android
- Portia sequel My Time at Sandrock heads to the frontier
- Here’s when Ghost of Tsushima’s Legends Raid goes live
- PS4 loading times are improved as patches all but remove loading screens in first-party games
- One feels like it could be the first big battle royale game for VR
- The concept art for Atari’s new hotel chain looks like a cyberpunk video game
- Marvel at Mark Wahlberg’s marvellous moustache which may or may not be related to Uncharted’s Sully
- A strange UFO has appeared in the skies of Apex Legends