Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is a PlayStation 5 exclusive, Insomniac has confirmed.
It?s a PS5 exclusive
— Insomniac Games (@insomniacgames) November 2, 2020
Given Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart’s use of the PS5’s fast loading to instantly teleport the player to new worlds, the game would probably have to be significantly reworked for PS4. But some had wondered about the exact nature of its exclusivity given recent revelations about other PS5 games, such as Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Horizon: Forbidden West, and Sackboy: A Big Adventure, which are also coming to PS4 when they were initially announced for PS5.
In September, during Sony’s PS5 showcase event, Demon’s Souls’ segment ended with a message that said the game was not available on “other consoles” for a limited time, and was also available on PC. Sony then pulled its trailer from the PlayStation YouTube channel, re-uploading it to remove mention of PC. This was “human error”, we were told.
- The sequel to a ZX Spectrum game some 30 years in the making
- Shadowlands’ pre-sales are the highest of any other World of Warcraft expansion yet
- There’s a Demon’s Souls soundtrack on the way
- Miles Morales loading in just seven seconds
- CD Projekt Red sees market price fall by almost 25%
- PS5 faceplate company is forced to cancel orders following a complaint from Sony
- Try out psychological horror In Sound Mind ahead of its next-gen release with this new Steam demo
- Guild Wars 2’s move to Steam has been indefinitely delayed
- The Masquerade battle royale releasing next year
- Shops look to click-and-collect to save next-gen console sales during lockdown