And a Free Play event’s underway too.
The giveaway forms part of Rare’s Talk Like a Pirate Day celebration, and begins this Saturday, 19th September. To participate, you’ll need to connect your Xbox Live account to Twitch and view an affiliated streamer’s channel for 30 minutes.
Doing so will reward you with one piece of the (distinctly glow-y) Ori-themed Ancestral Ship Set, and there’s a new piece up for grabs every day until 24th September, meaning you’ll need to pop back frequently to get the whole set. Of course, you’re free to walk to another room and do something more productive while those 30 minutes wrack up.
Rare’s also announced that it’s holding a Sea of Thieves Free Play weekend as part of its Talk Like a Pirate Day celebrations, and proceedings are already underway. Curious Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers can get a taste of the nautical life from now until Sunday, 20th September. Notably, but considerably less pirate-y, Hunt: Showdown and Warhammer: Chaosbane are having Free Play events this weekend too.
Sea of Thieves has had a cracking 2020 so far, and Rare has brought a whole fleet of new features to the ocean-faring multiplayer adventure – including a new Emissary system, ghost ship battles, new Gold Hoarder quests, and, of course, dogs – so now’s an excellent time to get your feet wet if you haven’t already done so.
And as extra incentive, Sea of Thieves is holding another Gold & Glory event from tomorrow, 18th September, until Sunday, 20th September, offering all players double the usual gold and reputation gains when handing in their spoils.
- PlayStation 5 media remote has Disney+, Netflix and Spotify buttons
- EA faces class action lawsuit over loot boxes in Canada
- Looks like an early build of Pokemon Sword and Shield leaked
- Hideo Kojima confirms a new project is in development, says nothing about it
- Golden Axed prototype creators livestream with Digital Foundry
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate cuts Steve’s meat
- Here’s our first look at Wales Interactive’s loved-up live action comedy
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez streamed Among Us on Twitch, and 400k people tuned in
- Humankind now arrives April 2021
- Scourge Bringer review – another Roguelite that’s well worth your love