Production is currently planned for 2020 and 2021.
Beyond confirmation of Hissrich’s participation, the only other clue given by the site is that production is slated to take place across 2020 and 2021.
ICYMI, Hissrich also recently announced a new six-part series called The Witcher: Blood Origin. It will be a prequel story set 1200 years before Geralt and the events we’re familiar with and will chart the origin of the Witchers and how they came to be. Hissrich confirmed Witcher creator Andrzej Sapkowski will be involved with a “hell yes” response.
“This has been the toughest secret to keep!” tweeted Hissrich at the time. “I’ve always wanted to dive deeper into the myth and lore of the Continent, and now fans will have a chance to explore it with [Declan de Barra] in a prequel series, The Witcher: Blood Origin. Elves, and enemies, and the end, oh my…”
The main Witcher series has been forced to recast a major character following ongoing delays due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Here’s when Ghost of Tsushima’s Legends Raid goes live
- PS4 loading times are improved as patches all but remove loading screens in first-party games
- One feels like it could be the first big battle royale game for VR
- The concept art for Atari’s new hotel chain looks like a cyberpunk video game
- Marvel at Mark Wahlberg’s marvellous moustache which may or may not be related to Uncharted’s Sully
- A strange UFO has appeared in the skies of Apex Legends
- Little Nightmares 2 cranks the disturbing dial right up for its new Halloween trailer
- Hilarious FIFA 21 bug sees players do their best Super Mario impression
- Snoop Dogg has a real-life Xbox Series X fridge
- Wicca is tower defence and the right kind of overwhelming